Wednesday 8 December 2010

Alterations to Front Cover

First Draft:
This was the first draft of the front cover of my music magazine. Although I am pleased with the result there are elements which I feel I could improve upon. 
Firstly, I am not happy with the date of the issue, as it looks out of place. I think the date would be better suited rotated 90 degrees and placed alongside the G of the title. 

Second Draft:
I have moved the date of the issue as planned and am now much happier with this feature.
However, I still feel that the overall look of the cover could still be improved. The majority of the text is a very light shade of yellow although this shade works well against the darker areas of the image it does not stand out very well against a lot of the white. I think the cover would look better if some of the text was in a bolder colour.

Final Draft:
Having experimented with various colours I have decided to use the same as the title. I feel this colour and the yellow really compliment eachother. The pink stands out much more and is more eye-catching. I also think it gives the cover a more professional look.


No comments:

Post a Comment