Tuesday 7 December 2010

Stages of Creating my Music Magazine Front Cover

1.
Firstly, I chose the image which I would use for my front cover. I chose this photo as although the model is not making eye contact with the audience he is smiling/laughing in order to establish a relationship with them. He looks relaxed and confident.
2.
I then inserted my title. I used ‘Impact’ which is quite a simple font but still striking. I used a bright pink for the title which really stands out against the background. I used a drop shadow to make the title more striking and look less flat.

3. 
The title was covering the model’s face so I used the ‘rubber’ tool to rub out the title which was block his face. It now looks like the model is standing in front of the title, I am pleased with the results.

4.
I then inserted the date of the issue, the barcode, the price and the magazine’s website. I used a drop shadow on the text.

5.
Finally I inserted the puffs. I am pleased with layout however I think the colour of the font could be improved. This shade of yellow does not stand out as much as I had hoped. I will most likely replace the yellow with a colour that stands out more. I used a drop shadow on all of the text and on the lines above and below ‘Charm’.

No comments:

Post a Comment